Achievement & milestones
Since inception, the commitment of JBVNL has been to transform itself into a vibrant, financially independent and consumer friendly utility through means of numerous path-breaking initiatives.
In line with the vision of the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, to provide 24x7 Power for All, JBVNL has not only achieved 100% village electrification, but has embarked on the target to electrify each and every household in the State by December 2018.
A host of initiatives are being taken for improving the quality and reliability of power with a consumer centric approach. Some of the achievements of JBVNL are discussed here :
The electrification work is being undertaken under various State and Central Govt. schemes, the snapshot of which is as under :
Village Electrification :
• There are 32,497 villages in the State, out of which 29,376 villages are inhabited and 3,121 are uninhabited. In the year 2014, around 2,932 villages were remaining to be electrified in the State and these villages were electrified by Dec’17 under DDUGJY Scheme and State sponsored schemes
Electrification of Partially Electrified Villages :
• Intensive electrification work is being done under DDUGJY 12th Plan and DDUGJY New Scheme. Out of 29,376 villages, intensive electrification has already been completed in 14,359 villages and the balance 15,017 villages shall be completed electrified by Dec’18
Rural Household Electrification :
• In the year 2014, only 38 lakh HHs had been electrified and more than 30 lakh HHs remained un-electrified. In the past 3 years, around 10 lakh electricity connections were given and all the remaining un-electrified HHs shall be electrified by Dec’18.
Commissioning of 33/11 KV Power Sub Station in villages :
• Out of 228 new PSS to be commissioned, 107 have been commissioned as on Apr’18 and balance 121 PSS shall be completed by Dec’18
• Activities related to increasing power capacity and modernisation of current assets under RAPDRP-B has been completed in 24 towns. Work in remaining 6 towns shall be completed by Dec’18
• Activities related to increasing power capacity and modernisation of current assets under IPDS to be completed by December 2018 in 40 towns of the State
Quality of Supply :
• A record number of over 10,991 DTs have been replaced with higher capacity DTs in the State.
• R&M works is under progress in more than 10,000 DTs
• Around 80,000 new DTs will be added under New DDUGJY, DDUGJY 12th Plan and IPDS Schemes.
• All the Urban and Rural feeders have been metered thereby enabling feeder wise energy accounting
• JBVNL is currently in process of replacing meters of ~ 20.73 Lacs consumers
• Under DUUGJY New Scheme, all the New DTs being added to the network is being metered simultaneously
• Various initiatives have helped the AT&C losses to bring down to 28% in FY 2017-18 vis-à-vis 42% in FY 2013-14
Numerous IT interventions have been undertaken for organizational transformation such as :
• Implementation of ERP & SCADA
• Online capex monitoring application
• SMS based burnt DT reporting
• Online electricity connection and consumer services etc.
• Android-based mobile application (eZy-bZly) facilitating bill payment, new connections, lodging complaint etc.
• New IT based tools have been launched
o Saral-Samiksha – Web based tool for monitoring of project, inventory & transformers
o Suvidha – Web based portal for facilitating and simplifying consumer services
o Sashakt – An integrated centralized complaint monitoring system
• To reduce the dependency on conventional energy sources, JBVNL has signed a PPA for 200 MW wind energy with PTC and the power is scheduled to be available from December 2018. Additional PPA for 300 MW wind energy has been signed with SECI and the power is scheduled to be available from March 2019
• Further, JBVNL is in process to buy additional 200 MW of wind power from SECI
• Additionally, JBVNL is in process of procuring 750 MW of solar power as well.
• Utility has distributed more than 1.24 Crores LED bulbs to the consumers under Ujala Scheme resulting into energy and cost saving of 16.11 Lac MWh and Rs. 645 Crores, respectively. This has also helped in avoiding nearly 13.05 Lac tonnes of CO2.
• Organizational Restructuring is being carried out to improve operational efficiency at corporate and field level. It will further categorize functional responsibilities thereby supporting in improving quality service to the end consumers.
• Utility has made 1,524 appointments for various positions in the past 4 years
• To enhance the output of the employees, Saksham – Dedicated capacity building initiative for JBVNL employees has been started which covers training and skill development programs . To facilitate this JBVNL has collaborated with renowned training institutes like REC, IIMs, NPTI etc. for imparting training
• State of the Art Training Center is being developed in Ranchi along with 15 training centers at circle level across the state
• Mandatory minimum 7 days training for each JBVNL employee on upcoming technologies and emerging areas
• More than 586 Man days of executive training has been already completed in FY 17-18 and over 3,752 Man days of executive training is being undertaken for FY 18-19