Commercial & Revenue Department of Vitran Company deals with Power purchase / Sale / Trade / BankingBesides above, Tariff related issues, Revenue related issues, revenue related report & returns etc. are also being dealt with.
The entire area of Jharkhand is divided into two parts in terms of Power scenario (i) DVC Command Area. (ii) Non-DVC Command Area. Total Power demand of DVC Area is around 900 MW & Non-DVC Area is around 1300 MW. Thus, total Power demand is around 2200 MW. However, JBVNL meets its Power demand only to the extent of 1900 MW because of transmission constraint, The company have the following sources of Power.
Non-DVC Command Area.
1) Patratu Thermal Power Station - 120 MW
2) Tenughat Thermal Power Station - 350 MW
3) SikidiriHydel Power Station - 100 MW (During peak)
4) DVC – Short Term Open Access - 100 MW
5) Central Sector – NTPC, NHPC, PTC- 300 MW
6) Independent – APNRL - 122 MW
INLAND - 50 MW
- 1142 MW
DVC Command Area.
1) Damodar Valley Corporation. - 850 MW
Total - 1992 MW (Including Sikidiri)
Power during peak 19-21 hrs.during rainy season.
The Power purchased from above sources, being received at different Grid Sub-Station of JUSNL. The Grid Sub-Station are connected with different Power Sub-Station of JBVNL, from where the Power is being fed to the consumers. The energy accounting being carried out under by C&R department of the company.
The following measures are also under way for better customer satisfaction and improvement in Power Supply:-
1) Ease in doing business.
2) Meter to all consumers within 18 months.
3) Outsourcing of Power Sub-Station.
4) Strengthening of Anti Power Theft Cell.
5) Induction of Power Portfolio Management.